Sunday, October 7, 2012

I need my coffee!

                         COFFEE SHOPS ARE A CULTURE OF THE CITY LIFE.........

Dala City.........
Temperature: 29
Humidity: 64
According to me: Too damn hot

I wanted to write about this coffee experience the other day but I thought I should do a little more research before bashing anyone or overly praising anyone.
Kisumu, like I had previously mentioned is a City in Kenya by the largest fresh water lake in Africa. A city that still boasts of the architectural design brought by the colonialists. This city has many hidden treasures and finding a bloody good Coffee Shop is one other treasure I must uncover.

So why am I making such a big fuss out of something so insignificant (to some people), as a coffee shop/bar/house?

Let me start by sharing with you the importance of a coffee shop.
  • Coffee shops are a culture of city life
  • Coffee shops are ideal meeting places 
  • Coffee shops help you get that morning dose of ''it's time wake the hell up''
  • Coffee shops are ideal places to have a date especially if you are not a fun of the whole bar scene...
  • If you are hungry you will always get fed
  • Coffee shops can serve as a good source of entertainment. People watching, yes, people watching can be so much fun.
  • Coffee shops can help keep your dressing style on point and help you know what is the latest trend in town, what to wear and what not to...Eavesdrooping, to someone who is bored, can also serve as a good source of entertainment. Just don't go doing it and blame it on me....this is not an advice column so I will deny vehemently!
Every City must have a coffee shop. So where is THE coffee shop in Kisumu? I walked all day, in the sun! looking for an ideal spot to blog about. If anyone knows a good restaurant or coffee shop where I can have a good shot of coffee...please share this knowledge

I went to three shops and I was utterly disappointed but tomorrow I have a date with a coffee shop somewhere on a roof top. Hopefully I will have found that hidden treasure.
I am forced to say bye for now...I will share my experience with you tomorrow.....

gdnt

No comments:

Post a Comment